Saturday, September 15, 2012

Birchbox September 2012

Yesterday I got my 2nd ever Birchbox. I was less than impressed with my first one, so this 2nd one was a test to see if I would continue for another month. I am a little more pleased this time, but not just overwhelmed. Anyway, if you would like to know what's inside this month's box keep reading.

Here was my first look at the box:


The first thing that caught my eye were the Bandaids. They are very cute and are "designer" Bandaids designed by Cynthia Rowley. They retail for $15 for a pack of 20 and are very cute (a little expensive for Bandaids if you ask me):


Next, I noticed a small tube and upon further investigation learned it was Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25. This says it is a 4 in 1 moisturizer, serum, sunscreen, and tint. I will try it in the morning and see what I think. Retail is $32 for the full size; the sample is 0.1 oz.



Gray must be "in" this year because this is not the first time I have seen gray nail polish recently. This nail polish is Birchbox Custom Polish and Color Club and the shade is Status Update. I will give it shot on my toes before I go with the nails. It retails for $8 on Birchbox's site. I never could get a very good picture showing the color:



Benefit Cosmetics included their Foamingly Clean Facial Wash + Refined Finish Facial Polish. I believe I will really love this product and perhaps since I have been earning points on Birchbox's site through ordering this box and reviewing products, I will use those points on this product. It retails for $21-$22 in the full size. These are two samples that look like they will last 3-4 uses.





A Kate Spade New York perfume sample was included. It is in a little spray bottle. The fragrance is Twirl and it smells great. The description states that it is a blend of fruity and floral notes. The full size is 1.7 oz. costs $80.



I have to admit that I almost threw the next item away! It looked like a little ribbon that might have been tied on the top of something that had come loose. I am SO glad that I noticed that tiny little tag attached. It turned out to be a Twistband hair tie. It is very cute and looks like it will do a good job of holding my hair. A set of 12 costs $18.



Also included was a card for $25 off a $75 purchase from Madewell, a Fashion Fall Basics booklet, and a code for two free music downloads from Tristan Prettyman.





Overall, I liked this Birchbox, but I really don't feel like I'm getting a bargain. I feel like I'm paying for samples and the shipping. I'm still on the fence with Birchbox. Popsugar and Cravebox include full size products and I always feel like I get way more than I paid with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment