Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sample Society August 2012

Well, this is my third time to get a box from Sample Society and so far so good. The products you get with Sample Society are all high end and not necessarily something I would buy, but it's nice to try these products. They do send you a code with each box for $15 off a $50 purchase of a full-size product from that box, which I guess you could say pays you back from the price of the box. However, after my 3rd month I have yet to use my code. Maybe I will just love something from this month's box enough to purchase it, who knows...I do love the little black boxes the samples come in; I think they will be great for wrapping Christmas presents.

Now, to the good part! What I found inside my August 2012 Sample Society box.

I always enjoy opening a box that I know is full of surprises, so I hurriedly opened my box when I found it on my doorstep. Here is what I found inside:




My eye was immediately drawn to the bright yellow box across the top of the box. I was pleased to find that it was treatment oil for hair, which I definitely need for my hair which I straighten daily. It turned out to be from Phyto and was called Phytonectar Treatment Oil. It claims to bring damaged, dehydrated hair back to life. This retails for $30/1.7 ounces on Sephora, this sample is 0.33 ounces. A good sized sample that I think will last quite a while because I don't think it will take much for each use.




Next, I picked up a small gold tube that I anticipated to be some sort of face or eye cream. I was surprised, however, to find that it was mascara. It was Jane Iredale's Longest Lash Mascara in black ice. I have never seen mascara in a soft tube before, but it seems like you would be able to get more of the product out than with a traditional mascara container. The mascara retails for $33/1.2 ounce, the sample is 0.1 ounce. It has really good reviews on janeiredale.com, so I am excited to try it.




I spotted a bottle with pink liquid inside. Upon inspection, I found that this little pink gem was Arcona's Cranberry Toner. It is a 3 in 1 toner that cleanses, tones, and hydrates. The cost is $33/110 mL and the sample is 30 mL, which is about a third of the full size. I don't know how well it will work, but it sure is pretty!




I love, love, LOVE the color of this next product. The color of this Deborah Lippman nail lacquer is awesome! It is called Private Dancer and it's a metallic purple. As soon as this post is done, I'm going to break out the nail polish remover and change my toenails from blue glitter to purple, the website says it is gilded ultra violet. It retails for $18. The bottle says sample, but it looks like a full bottle to me.




One of the facial products included in this month's box was a face cleanser called Elemental Herbology Cool & Clear facial cleanser. It smells like it will make my face cool and tingly after using. It claims to clean pores, remove impurities, and help with congestion. It seems to be a European product, since the main website lists the price in Euros. I found it on another site for $46/100 mL. The sample is 25 mL.




The final product was a small sample of face moisturizer. In my other two boxes I only got 4 samples and this box has 5 so I really don't want to complain about the size of this one, but it is really tiny. The name of the product is Malin+Goetz Vitamin e Face Moisturizer. Their site says it is oil free and residue free, which should do well on my combination/oily skin. We shall see. It retails for $45/4 ounces. This sample is 0.04 ounce.




Overall, I am pleased with this box. If you decide to try Sample Society, please use my referral code, REBE721088.

No comments:

Post a Comment