Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sample Society January 2013

It's time for Sample Society January 2013! I have been receiving boxes from Sample Society for several months now and I continue to be pleased. There are several products from this month's box that I really have enjoyed using.


My usually combination/oily face has been really dry for some reason this winter, which is why I love the Clark's Bontanical Moisture Mask. This moisturizer absorbs quickly and does not leave my skin feeling oily or greasy at all. The full size (1.7 oz) retails for $72.


To compliment the moisturizer, Sample Society sent Snowberry Instant Deep Cleanser. This cleanser is supposed to deep clean and instantly remove make-up, oil, and environmental pollutants. It retails for $51 (1.7 oz).


I always love to receive more fragrance. Although I'm not crazy about Nicole Richie herself, I do like her perfume, Nicole Richie Fragrance  eau de Parfum Spray. I like anything with notes of blackberry and I think this smells really good. If you order from Macy's, you will get the 3.4 oz Parfum Spray + free hat + free scarf + free  Dior mascara + free shipping for $69 ( I love Macys!).


I was a little disappointed with the next product, not because of the product itself, but because of the fact that it leaked out in the box. The product was Malin + Goetz Bergamot Body Wash. I do really like the scent and lather of the body wash, I just wish I could have gotten more use out of it as it was a nice size sample. It is supposed to be good for people with sensitive skin and does not have harsh detergents. It retails for $18 (8 oz)


I always need more eyeliner, so I was excited to find a full-size kohl pencil from Lord & Berry. This Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Eye Pencil has a very rich color and goes on smoothly. It sells for anywhere between $8.50 and $15.00.


The last product was a bonus, and I have been using it daily on my hair with great results. It is Pantene Age Defy Thickening Serum. As much as I hate to admit it, my 38 years of life is catching up with my hair. It is thinner than it was when I was in my 20's, so if I can find a product that will help it appear thicker and healthier, awesome! The full-size sells for $19.99 on Amazon (4.2 oz), and I do have to say that I have been using this sample daily for about 10 days and it is still half way full.


Overall, I loved the products I received in this month's box. I will probably definitely purchase the Pantene Age Defy Thickening Serum and possibly the Malin + Goetz body wash using my $15 off code. I would love to buy the facial moisturizer, but $72 is a bit out of my price range.

Want to sign up for Sample Society? Click here to get on their waiting list. Use my referral code: REBE721088 and you will get 20% off your first order on each of their sites (could total up to $160 for you!) and I will get a $5 credit to my account.


No comments:

Post a Comment