Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 2013 Sample Society

The first thing that came to mind when I opened this month's Sample Society box was WOW! It seemed packed full of goodies.


I will begin with my favorite product from April's box. Stila Cosmetics Prime Pot Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer is an excellent product. I did learn after the first time I used it, though, that a "little dab'll do ya." I guess eyelids are smaller than I thought because I had what I thought was a small amount on my finger and it was way too much for my eyelids. So I have gone from a small amount on my finger to a tiny amount. This works very well with my eyeshadow and keeps it looking fresh all day. And at the rate that I am using it, this little pot of primer will last a very long time. It sells for $20 and I'm not sure what size the sample is because the little sticker on bottom is too minuscule to read.


This next product caught my eye immediately. It was in a larger foil-looking package that took up the entire area of the box. This turned out to be a Hanskin Hydro Sheet Mask. This is a cloth-like "mask" saturated with seaweed extract and hyaluronic acid. There are cut-outs for eyes, nose, and mouth. You just sort of lay the mask on your face and leave it for about 15 minutes. One drawback to this is that I just had to sit for 15 minutes because it didn't want to stay in place while walking around so don't use this if you are in a hurry! After I took it off, I rubbed in the leftover moisture and then patted my face with a towel. I do believe my face did feel smoother. These sell for $18 and come in a pack of 5. 


My 13 year old daughter is CONSTANTLY asking for bobby pins! AND she never returns them. She was very excited when I showed her the Jane Tran hair accessories that were included in this box. Hopefully she will keep up with these. These sell for $6 each and Sample Society included a pack of two.



There were two facial creams in this month's box: Cotz Face Natural Skin SPF 40 and Caudalie Premier CRU. The Cotz cream is skin tone and has a matte finish. It matched my skin quite nicely and did have a nice finish. At $20 for 3.5 oz, this may be something that I will purchase and it seems like it would be nice for summer. The Caudalie cream feels nice and smells great, but at $150 a pop (1.7 oz) I will not be purchasing any time soon!




Lastly, there was a nice size sample of Borghese Gel Delicato Makeup Remover. I don't really use makeup remover as I usually just wash my face with cleanser, so I will pass this on to my daughter (whom, I might add, has started to invade my subscription boxes here of late!;). It retails for around $30/8.4 oz. 


I have yet to be disappointed with any of my Sample Society boxes. I love getting to try new products, especially beauty products. I continue to be surprised every month with what I receive. Is this box worth $15 a month? Yes, to me it is well worth the money! If you would like to purchase any of these products or sign up for Sample Society, click here. If you visit the site, please use my referral code: REBE721088


No comments:

Post a Comment