Friday, October 5, 2012

Popsugar's Must Have Bag September 2012



It has arrived. My favorite of all the subscription boxes. It is my September Popsugar Must Have Bag. I am just overwhelmed. This is such a fantastic box that I can hardly put it into words. I am once again amazed at all the goodies I have received. I opened the box to find this:


I could hardly wait to get home from school today because I knew this would be waiting at my door. My only fear was that my husband would go through it before I got home! Maybe it's time to get him a man's box...

I first noticed a large black drawstring bag. I opened it to find the softest scarf I have ever felt. This scarf is absolutely beautiful. It is from Brokedown and it is such a great color because it will match almost any outfit. What a great find! It retails for $84.



Naturally, being a librarian I notice books. So after taking in the scarf, I saw the book included in this month's box. The title is The Perks of Being a Wallflower. It seemed like a really great book and I am looking forward to reading it. It wasn't until I read the brochure that came inside the box that I learned there were movie tickets to see The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Totally wonderful! The book costs about $8.50 on amazon and the movie tickets are worth about $20.00.


Next, I saw a very colorful box and when I saw the word Benefit I knew I was in for a beauty treat. This turned out to be Benefit's Cabana Glama combination set that features bronzing powder with a brush, foundation, lip and cheek stains, and a matching eye shadow palette with an applicator. The colors are all warm and brown, which are great for me. It is normally $36 on Benefit's site, but right now it is on sale for $18.99.


A cookie? Yes, a delicious looking delectable cookie. I haven't tried it yet, but tomorrow night is my "cheat" night on my diet, so I plan on eating it then. I don't know if it will be good, but if it tastes anything like it looks then it will be yummy. Along with the cookie was a coupon for Pop-Up Pantry Dinners for a delicious 3 course dinner to be delivered to my door. Ahhh, heaven!  The dinners are about $19/person and there is a coupon for a dinner for 2, making the value $38.


There was a cute little notepad from Rifle Paper Co. It looks like small little notebook pages. It sells for $8.00.


This month's box was extra yummy because in addition to the cookie, there was a small package of caramels from Becky's Blissful Bakery. These retail for $10.49 for 4 oz. and two caramels were included in this package, so it was more of a sample. But a delicious sample, nonetheless. My diet cheat night will be extra sweet!


Some extras thrown in the box were, Yes To Cucumbers towelettes, Kitsch hair ties, a $25 gift certificate to Tracie Martyn skin care line, a sample sized bag of Food Should Taste Good sweet potato chips, and a medium sized Must Have coin purse. 







This is absolutely the BEST subscription box anywhere around! I have yet to be disappointed with anything they have sent me. I will continue to receive Popsugar's Must Have Bag as long as they will let me. Click HERE to get your own box for October.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, you have totally won me over to the popsugar side! I had no idea they were so awesome. I've been doing Green Grab Bag, which I LOVE, but it would be really amazing to get a box full of real-sized things too! Putting a pin in that for when I have a new job :D

    Question. As a librarian (LIBRARIANS ARE AWESOME), if there were a subscription box that had short stories, letterpress art, and poems in it - and maybe, someday, full-sized books - would you be likely to go for that?

    I was thinking about starting one, but I'm not sure if it's a "wow that's a great idea" idea, or an "I'd actually want to buy that" idea. (I had a business for four years that made everyone say "wow what a great idea," but nobody actually wanted it! :-D )

    ReplyDelete