Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sample Society October 2012



I have once again received my Sample Society box in the mail and I have once again been impressed. As I have stated before, these are probably not products that I would just go out and purchase, but it is extremely fun to try them and daydream of the time when I might win the lottery and be able to actually afford some of these!

I love getting boxes in the mail, and to know this one will be full of luxury products make it even better!


The Oscar Blandi instant volumizing conditioner may be just what I need. My hair lacks volume and sometimes just hangs there. I did read in the little booklet enclosed that for more volumized hair, you should condition FIRST and shampoo last. Apparently this method removes the residue that the conditioner might leave behind, while still leaving your hair conditioned. I am going to try this on my hair today when I wash it. I will also try this new conditioner, which retails for $24 on brand websites, like Nordstroms but I found you can buy it on amazon for around $10.


I exfoliate my face a lot, so this next product will be well-suited to my skincare routine. It is Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate intensive exfoliating treatment. My skin feels so much fresher and clean after I have exfoliated, so I can't wait to try this. ExfoliKate retails for $85/2 oz. and this sample is 0.25 oz. It has rave reviews online and is reported to be Kate Somerville's best seller.



I love, LOVE trying new fragrances, so I was excited to see a small spray bottle that looked like perfume. It turned out to be Aromachology Clean and Fresh. It does smell clean and fresh and I will wear it occasionally. It does seem a little strong, but perhaps that is because I am just not used to it yet.  I'm not sure what size the sample actually is, but the full size of 3.4 oz. retails for $100.


Hands down, the most expensive product in the box is Erno Laszlo's Phormula 3-9 repair balm. This product is for smoothing scars, burns, wounds, and extremely dry skin. I read where it promotes rapid healing. I do not want to get hurt, but when I do (and I will, I'm too clumsy) I will keep this on hand to see if it actually helps you heal rapidly. It retails for $245/1.7 oz.



It is common to find a Jane Iredale product in the Sample Society box and this month was no different. Included in the October box was Jane Iredale's Tantasia self tanner. I'm not crazy about self tanners because I have yet to find on that doesn't leave an orange tint, but I will give this one a shot because I've always been pleased with any Jane Iredale product I've tried. This self tanner retails for $36/4.2 oz. and has online reviews that are on both ends of the spectrum. I will try it on my legs since summer is over and my tan has started to fade.


An added bonus inside this month's box was a Herban Essentials lavender towelette antibacterial hand wipe. A box of 20 costs about $15 on amazon.com. This will be great to keep in my purse. 


As usual, I have pleased with Sample Society's subscription box. I will continue to purchase it and continue to be pampered with products that I will probably never buy! 
www.HyperSmash.com

1 comment: