Thursday, December 27, 2012

Popsugar Must Have Box December 2012

First off, let me say that I was a little disappointed when I saw my Popsugar Must Have December box. It arrived in a plain brown cardboard box. Now, I must point out that I in no way believe that this was Popsugar's fault. I really think it got damaged during shipping and the shipping company had to replace the original box. Here is how it arrived at my house:



After my initial disappointment upon seeing the box, I ventured deeper into the box to see what I had received. I always get very excited when I know my box is on the way! I do have to say that several boxes I have gotten recently from different companies have been damaged during shipping. Very annoying! Can you be more careful, UPS and USPS?

Here is the first item I found in my box:



These are Bodum Bistro Mugs, a double wall glass mug in a set of two. The mugs are 10 oz and retail for $30. They also have a breathable bottom. I have enjoyed using these with my morning coffee.

Next, to go with the Bodum mugs, was a sampler box of Tea Forte. This is the Sampler Petite Ribbon Box, retailing for $12. This box includes a variety of flavors:  Earl Grey, Black Currant, White Ambrosia, White Ginger Pear, Green Mango Peach, Jasmine Green, African Solstice, Chamomile Citron, Raspberry Nectar, Lemon Ginger. Looks tasty!



What is that lovely smell? It must be the Jaboneria Marianelle soap! I do believe I got shorted one soap, though, probably due to the damage during shipping. I have emailed Popsugar and am awaiting their response. I received the Antioxidant Moisturizing Milk Bar, which smells heavenly and will be just the thing for my dry skin during this cold weather. There was also supposed to be a Rejuvenating Face and Body Milk Bar. Each soap retails for $14, for a total of $28. Maybe I will hear back from Popsugar and they will get me the missing soap.



This next little item will come in super-handy! It is a Pinch Provisions Minimergency Kit. This kit has everything a girl would need for any of life's little emergencies. It is in a small case, so it fits well in any handbag or purse. Included in the little case are hairspray, clear nail polish, nail polish remover, emery board, lip balm, earring backs, clear elastics, sewing kit, double-sided tape, stain remover, deodorant towelette, pain reliever, tampon, breath freshener, dental floss, and an adhesive bandage. This could be very helpful indeed! Retails for $13.



Yummy Bodgon's Peppermint Poles! These are Peppermint Sticks dipped in Dark Chocolate. Perfect for the holidays! This box of 21 sticks retails for $3.99.



When I saw the next item my first thought was, "what the..." But then upon further inspection, I saw that the lipstick stain was SUPPOSED to be there! I am talking about GoSwype, a cloth wipe for your touchscreen device that removes just about anything, including 98% of germs and bacteria. These little babies are available in a variety of styles and retail for $1.99. This could be very useful in my germ-ridden library full of elementary children.



The last item (which I almost didn't notice because it had gotten stuck under the flap of the improvised cardboard box) is a $30 gift card to Rent the Runway. With this concept you can rent a designer dress for a special event for as low as $50, without having to spend hundreds of dollars buying it. You select a date for up to 6 months in advance, rent the dress for 4-8 days, and return in the pre-paid envelope. They also have jewelry you can rent to accessorize.


Total value in Popsugar's December Box was $118.98. Not a bad deal for $35. While this wasn't Popsugar's most exciting box in my opinion, it was still delightful to receive. I always feel like I'm getting a present for myself with this box. Of all the subscription services I've tried and read about, Popsugar takes the cake! Where else can you get in excess of $100 worth of products for only $35?

Want your own box? Click here and sign up! Use the code REFERFRIENDS for $5 off your first order.


2 comments:

  1. You only get one soap! That's all I got anyway!:( December was not my favorite box. I guess I will give it one more month before I give up on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did hear back from Popsugar. Apparently the brochure was not worded very well, but each person only got one soap. By the way, I have been using the soap and LOVE IT! The lather is so rich and luxurious.

    ReplyDelete